Friday, November 18, 2011

The trip since I last talked to you guys

Hello everybody!! I have decided to start my blog because my mom is doing one and I thought it would be cool to do one for my friends. When I sent out that mass text about six or seven weeks ago, I was in the bathroom at a truck stop washing my hands in the sink surrounded by guys in their fifties with big mustaches and tattoos. That was the first morning on our road trip. Now after I sent this mass text we drive to Ohio were we stayed with my Grandma and had a crash course in how to maintain the rv. To get to Ohio after the mass text we drove for a couple days until finally we had our first sight of civilization in a couple of days. (Mind you this was all through Kansas and all those remote states where you would think the entire population was wiped out, so it was a welcome sight to see that town.) As we drove through this rather large town we decided we were hungry and need a break. So we meandered about a bit and found a quiet side street to eat our lunch in the rv. Now the reason I'm talking about my lunch is not what I ate but what happened after it.


As my dad went to pull backwards to pull out of the spot we were in, we hear this dull thud followed by a sharp creak. I look sideways at my mom and she kind of shrugs. My dad gets out of the car, goes around back and you can hear him drop the F bomb. He comes and opens the door to the living part of the rv and walks in real slow like. I dare to open my mouth and ask the question, "What happened?" "What happened" he says, "is that I backed into a mailbox."


He then goes to check and see if it did any damage to the inside which I doubt and I voice this. "We'll see" is all he says. He then moves all the stuff that is in the bathroom and groans. "What?" I ask. All he does is points. I get up and make my way over to the bathroom. There is a small tunnel of light coming through a hole in the back wall. My dad then tells us that the mailbox punched through the tail light then through the 1/8 of an inch piece of fiberglass, an inch piece of styrofoam and another 1/8 of an inch piece of fiberglass. Thats all that is separating us from the prying eyes of the outside world.


After we had that fiasco we proceeded to Ohio where we got the hole and tail light fixed and the windshield wipers and lots of other stuff that needed fixing. This is where I'll conclude the first part of our trip but you can be sure that I will try to keep blogging and keep you guys updated. I will now send out another mass text telling you how to read my blog. Please comment on it and tell me everything that has been happening with you all. Talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment